Chocolate Fudge White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
So, as usual when I visit Chris or vice versa, I baked him a treat. This time I made up a cookie and tweaked a close enough recipe. The original can be found here: http://backtothecuttingboard.com/dessert/light-and-chewy-chocolate-cookies/. But mine were white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts instead of peanut butter. They were super tasty and not as fattening as some other cookies out there. So eat up! *sorry my pictures suck!*
What You'll Need:
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 uncooked regular oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (or regular flour)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts
- First, Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat together butter, sugar, cocoa, egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together oats, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add oat mixture to butter mixture, stirring just until blended.
Chop the macadamia nuts up a bit into reasonable sized pieces.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheet lined with foil. Gently press them down before you place them in the oven.
- Bake 9 minutes or until centers are almost done. Remove from oven and cool on pan 1 minute.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- Enjoy! yes they look a little unappetizing, but they are soo good!