Saturday, November 19, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Hey All, it's been a while since I've posted anything, blame my diet.  So, here I go again, unfortunately, this post is going to be sub par picture wise as I totally dropped the ball and only took a few and none of the finished product.  I guess I got to distracted towards the end having to go bake at the guys' place.  Anyway, here are the cookies I made for Chris when he came to visit over Veteran's Day Weekend :)



What You'll Need:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/2 large banana, mashed
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips



First, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. 



Next, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth.


Then add in vanilla extract and egg.


Next, add the banana. Beat well.


Slowly add in flour mixture until just combined. 


Stir in oats and chocolate chips.





Place the cookie dough in large tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets and  Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until golden. 


Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.




Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment