Monday, January 23, 2012

Burrito Bowls: a healthier alternative

   Hey all! I know its been almost a month but I've been busy... and lazy :P  Anyway, a while back Chris and I made some yummy chicken burrito bowls with cilantro lime rice to kick off my back-to-school healthy eating, enjoy!!




What You'll Need:
Chicken breasts, thawed
Bell Peppers, any color
Onion
Jalapeno
Tomato
Iceberg Lettuce
Avocado
Salsa
Cheese
Black Beans
Rice
Cilantro
Lime
Tortilla


First dice the peppers, jalepeno, and cheese.  I put them in bowl to keep things neat.






Next chop your chicken and tomatoes into small, manageable pieces.




Also slice your avocado and chop your lettuce.




Saute the peppers, onions, and chicken in olive oil.  I seasoned with cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.



 Then make 1 cup of rice and mix in, 1 tbs of lime zest and the juice of one lime, and 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.








 I toasted my tortillas to make them warm, simply put them in a dry pan and brown each side.




Then assemble, first tortilla, then beans and rice, then chicken and peppers, then lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and top with cheese and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment