Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Easy as Pie: Chicken Pot Pie

Mmmm Chicken Pot Pie! One of my ultimate feel good comfort foods.  I found an easy sounding recipe in RealSimple magazine and tweaked it a bit to be even more delicious.  So here it goes! my first post!



 In the future I'll have the pictures of each step but I made this a while ago and wanted to post it now. So you get the pictures of the finished product.


So first off here's what you're gonna need:
2ish lbs of Rotisserie Chicken (shredded)
1 18ounce Can of Corn Chowder (I used Campbell's Chunky)
1 cup frozen peas (I recommend getting rid of any excess ice stuck to the peas)
1 cup frozen corn (see above)
1 chopped carrot
2 tsps of Fresh chopped Thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp each)
1 sheet of Frozen Puff Pastry
Butter (melted) (I used Land O Lakes Tuscan Herb Butter for flavor)

Alright, let's get cookin'!
First heat your oven to 400 degrees
Next combine the chicken, chowder, peas, corn, carrots, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Then pour your mixture into a shallow baking dish, approx. 8 ounces.
Cover your dish with the pastry and trim to fit. Make sure you cut vents in the top.  I added a bow of pastry to make it cute.
Finally, brush the melted butter on the top and bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown and crispy on top.

Eat Up!!


Pretty huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment