Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gone Bananas! Banana Nut Muffins


So I have a TON of walnuts on my hand and needed some way to start using them.  Spinach salads and mixed into oatmeal worked fine, but then, luckily, Chrissy's bananas got over ripe and she said I could hav them.  So I thought about making banana nut bread! but living in a small apt has its drawbacks, my baking sheets dont fit in my oven and I don't have anything to bake loaves in... I do however have muffin tins! So i found a workable recipe for banana muffins and tweaked it a bit to suit my needs.  I rarely go off recipe... successfully. So here we goooo.....


What you'll need:
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 large egg
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper baking cups. 
Next, beat together milk, oil, and egg.  


Then add banana and mix well.  


Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, just until mixed.  Batter will be lumpy and very sticky.  


Next fold in walnuts.


Divide evenly among muffin cups.  I used half walnuts to top for decoration :)


  Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.  If baked in a greased pan, let cool 5 minutes in pan before removing to wire racks.


Dig In!!

No comments:

Post a Comment