Sunday, September 18, 2011

First Night Back in SB: Pugs and Pizza

So I'm back in Santa Barbara!! Tonight was the first night I had to cook for myself and I decided to make a pizza. I got to meet a few neighbors to borrow a baking sheet (I have to go buy one very soon!) and to have the guys next door open a jar for me.  They have the cutest little pug puppy named Aphrodite, but I'm getting off topic. So after playing with Aphrodite for a while I got to work.


Here's what you'll need:



1 bag of pre-made pizza dough, cause I'm lazy (I got mine from Trader Joe's)
Tomato Sauce (Mine's garlic and roasted tomato)
Grated Cheese, I recommend Mozarella but i didn't have any :(
Toppings (I used 1 Roma tomato and Cremini mushrooms)
Olive Oil


Ok, First preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
Spray your cooking sheet so your dough won't stick.



Then, roll or stretch your dough to fit on your sheet.




Spread a little olive oil over the crust, not too much!
Bake for 5 mins to crisp the crust.



While its baking you can chop up your toppings.



Take it out of the oven and spread your sauce over it in a thin layer.



Then add your cheese and other toppings, I do a layer of cheese, then the other toppings, then another THIN layer of cheese.
Drizzle the top with a little more olive oil.




Finally bake on the bottom rack for 5-10 more mins until the cheese is crispy.


Take out of the oven and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment