Monday, December 12, 2011

Coo Coo for Coconut Apricot Chicken

     The other night I was just utterly tired of the usual dinners that my diet allows and decided to spice it up a bit. I had some coconut left over from when I made granola so I decided to give this recipe a try, and its so yummy!  The recipe I found was for a whole family so I scaled it down to dinner for one, but you can adjust as you want. Here we go:



What You'll Need:
1 egg (I used egg white)
1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 chicken tenderloins
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons apricot preserves
1 tablespoons Dijon mustard



Preheat your oven to 400.


Mix the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. 




Dip the chicken in the bowl with the beaten egg and then coat with the coconut mixture.  Then place on the baking sheet. 





Drizzle with the melted butter.  



Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once halfway.


To make the apricot sauce, mix the apricot preserves and the Dijon mustard in a small bowl.  Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.



When the Chicken is done, pour the sauce over and serve, I ate mine with rice and it was super yummy.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment