Monday, December 12, 2011

Sinful Cinnamon Apple Bread

    Now, that its Winter break I finally have time to post some of the food I made over the last few weeks!  I made this bread for my Memoir class' final day party and it was a hit.  The recipe I found online was a flop so this one is my own creation.  Hope you like it!




Here's What You'll Need:
2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt 
2 large eggs, beaten 
1/2 cup brown sugar

1 cup sugar 
2/3 cup vegetable oil 

1/2 cup milk (add more if dough is dry)
3 medium-size Granny Smith's peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 
1/2 cup unsalted walnuts



Preheat your oven to 350 and butter 2 loaf pans.




Peel and cube your apples.





Mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside. 




Combine the remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly.




Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine just until blended thoroughly (do not beat). 



Pour into the prepared pan(s). 

Bake the loaf pan for 45 minutes, it could take much longer, my oven is funky so just keep an eye on it, its done when you can insert a wooden skewer and it comes out clean.



Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pans. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment