Thursday, December 1, 2011

Katatouille: Playing the Mandoline

   Recently my mom bought me a fun new toy for my kitchen, a mandoline, and no its not the instrument.  The first thing I made were potato chips that were cut so thin they actually crisped! fun!  Well this time I wanted to try ratatouille, like the kind in the movie, but I didn't have any of the right ingredients (eggplant, squash, zucchini). So, I decided to use the veggies I had and try to deplete our lemon surplus.  So here's Katie's Ratatouille or "kat"atouille. 



Here's What You'll Need:
1 Russet Potato
1 Yam
1 or 2 Lemons
1 Carrot
A Handful of Sliced Mushrooms.
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to season


First preheat your oven to 375.
Set up your mandoline, or if you don't have one, a knife will do but it's much less fun.




Slice each veggie and one or half a lemon in thin slices, the third setting on the mandoline.  You'll use about half the yam.  BE VERY CAREFUL, always use the hand guard!
Coat the veggies in Olive Oil and seasonings.



Arrange the veggies and lemon slices in rows alternating which you use in a square casserole dish.  Use the rest of your lemon and squeeze the juice over the veggies.



Bake for 45-50 mins.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment