Sunday, February 5, 2012

Easy Sunday Brunch: Egg in Avocado

   Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!  I don't have cable so I can't watch the big game, and I am of course referring to Puppy Bowl XIII.  So to console myself I tried out a new recipe.  I saw a picture of this online and kind of winged it and it turned out delicious!  So if you feel like treating yourself to a fun, easy, healthy, yet kinda fancy breakfast, here's a cool idea!  Also, I just got a new camera and it takes MUCH better pictures than my old one so these pictures are the best yet :)




What You'll Need:
 1 Avocado
 1 Egg
 Seasonings, I used salt, pepper, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper.
 Grated Parmesan Cheese


First preheat your oven to 375 degrees.


Then cut your avocado in half, but I made one half bigger.


Crack the egg into the bigger half, there will be spillage, as you can see in the picture.  I used the other "half" of the avocado on my side salad.


Next, season away, then add your cheese.


Then put your avo/egg onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 mins.




Enjoy the rich (but healthy fats) goodness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment